Thursday, June 3, 2010

Waaaaaayyyy late, but...


...better late than never... ?

I've received a few awards lately, but didn't even know about a few of them because I've been swamped and haven't gotten around to my favorite blogs...

Catherine from over at Corner of a Cat's Mind gave me the Versatile Blogger Award waaaaaaay back in May and I only just found out about it, so I hope you haven't tossed me out on my hiney yet Catherine! Thank you~

The rules:
Rule 1. Thank the person who gave it to you.
Rule 2. Share 9 things about yourself.
Rule 3. Pass the award along to 9 bloggers who you think are fantastic.
Rule 4. Contact Blog award winners.

9 things...

1.I LOVE gardening. Bet ya couldn't tell? (;
2. Catherine said she cries while watching ASPCA commercials... ME TOO! I have to shut my eyes at the part where they push that poor cow over with the tractor! How horrible can humans be to animals!!? I'll even try save a bug from getting squished... except for snails in my garden.
3.I love getting into bed at night with a "few" magazines... hubby calls them my paper boyfriends... I'm never without something to read.
4. I want to learn to knit, croquet, and quilt so I can make all those lovely things I see on all your blogs... but then my garden calls my name and somehow all my best intentions get lost out in the dirt somewhere.
5. I love my chickens. This is embarrassing to admit, but I think they're cute! Instead of shoo-ing Hana off my lawn-chair, I run to get my camera to take a pic of her all stretched out in the sun as if she's a human.

6. I don't think there's a single type of food I don't like ... and it shows up immediately on my thighs. I try to be good... but forget it. Life's too short to worry about it.
7. I live a stone's throw from beach, but often go weeks without walking on it. I know! Bad, huh?! Its a terrible thing not to walk down there every day, but I let duties get in the way too often.
8. I love learning about the old ways of doing things... not so much the amount of time it takes to do them though. I treasure family heirlooms and the stories that go with them.
9. I have a closet full of "projects" ... all organized and waiting for my attention, but do I stay out of the fabric and craft stores? NO! If I find another " good idea" ... sigh... I'm resigned... its a losing battle. One day my kids will be cleaning out my things and I'm sure they will not be happy campers!


So I'm passing this on to 9 friends, but if you've already received this award count yourself doubled loved!

Dzintra @ Queen of the Armchair The first visitor to my blog, when I felt quite intimidated with blogging! She's definitely a kindred spirit and I can't imagine blogging without her!

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Lavender Hill Studio An amazing artist, and you've got to see her piquet assiette birdhouses!

Joni @ Old Centennial Farmhouse We see life pretty much the same on so many fronts, I can't count. It just feels like home at her blog.

Judy @ Red Velvet Her art and visual stories speak more than a book full of words.

Jaime @ Rayne This girl creates pure magic with her camera, and with her thought provoking words about her wanderings.

Anna @ Nature Trail an amazingly strong girl who has conquered alot this past year!

Manuela @ Pleasures of Homemaking She enjoys keeping house and it shows bigtime!

Well I made it to 6... but its late... a quarter past midnight to be exact... and though I haven't gotten to 9 awards passed on, its not for lack of appreciation for so many of you, my blog friends... its because my brain is falling asleep and hubby thinks its time to quit for the night.

Have a great weekend~

xxxVicki










9 comments:

  1. Hello Vicki! Reading all those things about you I know now why I love you!I relate to several of your things!Certainly #'s 1,2,and 3!!
    I so appreciate you including me on your list of pass on's but I've decided to be an award/tag free blog.Thank you for thinking of me!
    Continue having fun reading your magazines loving your chickens and have a wonderful weekend in your garden! hugs anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun ~ thanks for playing along Vicki! (I would never toss you out on your hiney!!! ha ha!) And trust me ~ I would totally be out there with you taking photos of your sweet chicken relaxing on the garden chair ~ cute!!! I completely understand the closet full of projects ~ so many ideas ~ so little time!

    I hope you have a most wonderful weekend Vicki!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. gr8 news about the award!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Vicki, I LOVE that chicken on the chair! Sooo funny! Congratulations on the Award and have a super weekend. Hope you get to take that walk by the ocean xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh dear Kindred Spirit Vicki, thank you so much for this Award...we're doing all right lately aren't we LOL!!! I can relate to so many of these...And I have a cupboard full of stuff too...and I still keep getting more...Mind you I dream a lot of what I'm going to do too!!!
    Had to laugh at the bit about you going to bed with your paper boyfriends...I do the same!!! Much Love from Down Under...Dzintra♥x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful read..I love that your husband calls your books paper boyfriends...and that you give your chairs to the hens...well who wouldn't!! you are such a lovely softy xxx
    Hugs Lynn xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the award, and thank you so much for passing it on to me! I've done a few *about me* posts in the past, so I don't know if I could think up another 9 things that would be interesting enough to post (I am a simple girl)but I am grateful, so grateful for being acknowledged. You are a sweetheart.

    And Hana...how adorable is she? I love chickens and their sweet personalities. My neighbours have 2 beautiful chickens, and just yesterday I went to this farm where there were so many different varieties of chickens..so beautiful..and so very curious and inquisitive.

    Thanks again Vicki. It's good to see you again.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. VICKI!!! I have seen you on other people's comments page and it is really nice to see you chez moi! I love your world...and you have a CHICKEN! And, you love gardening, hence, VICKI'S BIT 'O EARTH...I love gardening too! Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope your garden is giving you all the pleasure that you want to enjoy. We have been having JUST the right amount of rain to make things lush and super green, but it has not been annoying. LIFE IS GOOD! Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicki, I LOVE that photo of Hana!!! I don't find it difficult at all to understand how much you love her (them)! Cuties they are! :)
    Thanks for sharing more about you... I relate to #1, 2, 3 and 6. :)

    ReplyDelete