Sunday, March 1, 2009

Garden Blues

I woke up with the blues this morning. Actually I went to bed with them last night. This happens more often than I care to admit. Sometimes my brain just won't stop with the negative thoughts. It dregs up every possible bad scenario. I try to shove them out of my mind... only to realize they are all back the next second.

I don't know why or how, but when my brain gets on one of its rants like this ... if I go out and work in the garden ... something good happens. I start pulling weeds, or watering the potted plants ... and magic! My brain takes a break from itself. If only for a short time, the blues melt away. If only for a few moments. I remember to breathe again. Exhale the bad, inhale the good.

If I can't beat em, I can join em. Blues can be beautiful, right?




1 comment:

  1. And yes Vicki...the blues can be beautiful...love the birdy pic. And what better place to be other than in your beloved garden...Dzintra

    ReplyDelete